Climb

@

@

It was late, but Tezuka Kunimitsu was still up. He was studying hard for an upcoming test, and didn't want to quit until he was sure he had the points memorized. He worked hard to get into this college and to make it to the top of his class, and he would continue to work hard. That's just the way he was.

So he rejected his classmates' invitations to go out that Friday night. Turned down a weekend study-group. Ignored the constant tapping of a tree-branch at his dorm-room window.

Until he remembered that there weren't any trees outside the window. His room was right at the edge of the university grounds - the only thing near his window was the length of fence that marked the property boundary.

He stood up and turned from his desk, having every intention of investigating. And as he looked toward the window, he saw it really wasn't a tree branch at all. It looked more like small stones were being flung at the glass, bouncing off the clear panes. So he opened the window when he reached it, and stuck his head out to look down.

"It's about time," Atobe Keigo called up from where he stood, just outside the fence below the window. He had one hand on his hip and the other full of small pebbles. "I've been standing out here for fifteen minutes."

Tezuka blinked at him, then pulled his head back in and started to close the window.

"Tezuka!"

"Atobe," Tezuka looked back down at his 'guest'. "You know visitors aren't allowed after eleven."

"I kno~w. That's why I'm down here instead of at your front door."

"What do you want?"

Atobe looked at him as if that were the stupidest question ever asked. "You, of course."

Tezuka opened his mouth to respond, then closed it when he realized he didn't have anything to respond with. ". . . ." He hated when Atobe did that. Then topping it off, to his utter amazement the other actually took hold of the fence and began to climb it, until he stood on the top bar, balanced against the side of the building, bringing the two of them face-to-face.

"It is the East, and Tezuka is the sun."

"You are not Romeo."

"You just don't want to be the girl."

"Of course not," Tezuka scowled at him. "And now you're all dirty."

Atobe pulled himself in through the window, landing inside the room gracefully and then sitting idly on the sill, striking a pose. "For you, I would risk even dirt."

"You're incorrigible." And he turned away dismissively.

Which gave Atobe the opportunity to come up from behind and wrap his arms around his boyfriend's shoulders. "You say incorrigible, but you're thinking irresistible," he purred into Tezuka's ear. Then he turned him around and pushed him toward the bed, until Tezuka had fallen back upon it, with Atobe on top of him.

"I have to study." Tezuka spoke plainly, to cover any sudden...interest.

"I'll be your subject," Atobe replied in between the kisses and nips he placed on Tezuka's neck. "You can study me."

It took every ounce of will-power, but Tezuka was eventually able to push his determined lover away and stood up. He grabbed Atobe by the collar and mostly dragged him back over to the window. "I really do have to study."

"Fine, fine," the other replied with a touch of scorn. "Your loss." Then he ducked to head back out the window.

"Atobe."

"Yeees?" He turned a moment to look back over his shoulder.

And Tezuka gave a soft smile. "I'll go over to your place tomorrow."

Atobe flashed a grin. "I look forward to it." The with a wink, he was gone.

Returning to his desk, the diligent student sat down, sparing a few moments of thought for his boyfriend before picking up his pencil and turning back to his studies.

He now looked very forward to tomorrow. Tomorrow would be better; there would be no need for climbing fences.