Alien

@

@

"Someday.."

Tezuka turned when the single word was spoken in the darkness. He was used to Atobe saying whatever popped into his mind, even when it occurred at times like these, in the few moments of the night before they fell asleep. The pro-tennis star was sure all of his ideas were fabulous, and required immediate attention. So it wasn't startling in the least to hear things said, seemingly at random, and Tezuka gave his love the attention that word requested.

"Someday I'm going to have lots of money."

"You don't have enough already?"

Atobe chuckled. "Do I ever?"

He had a point.

"I'm going to win every tournament and get every sponsor and make a whole mess of money."

With eyes adjusted to the darkness, Tezuka propped his head up on a hand, and looked at Atobe. "You can't do anything small, can you?"

"And then I'm going to buy you a planet."

There was silence as he absorbed this. That Atobe just said he would give him...not the world, exactly, but a world. It was kind of sweet, in its own little way.

"What would I do with a planet?" he asked after a moment.

"Whatever you want. It'll be yours to do with as you will. You can go there and get away from everything here. Have some peace and quiet. Hell, you could blow it up if you choose to do so. Your world, you make the call."

Another thoughtful moment, and then Tezuka questioned, "Wouldn't it get lonely there, all by myself?"

"Ahh.." Atobe chuckled again. "I suppose you'll have to take someone along with you then."

"Mm," he nodded. "I guess so." And then he paused, before "I don't suppose you would want to come with me?"

"I'll think about it."

That was all that was said, and after a second Tezuka rolled back over and resumed his falling asleep. But a few minutes later, Atobe spoke again, saying "I'll go with you."

Tezuka smiled at the darkness, then reached over and pulled Atobe to him, kissing the side of his head and holding him against his chest. "It'll be ours then. Our own world."